Yesterday, developer Nyamakop shared a post on Steam describing its latest update for Semblance. Released last month, the unique platform-puzzle game’s update focuses on gameplay fixes and not getting stuck in the walls of the game, which I can say from experience can be frustrating.
The game focuses on an adorable Squish who can morph and deform his way through various obstacles and can also transform the world around him. When dashing, into a wall to mold it, Squish could get stuck, and even resetting the wall wouldn’t force him out. You could reset him from the game menu, but having to keep doing that is frustrating, so this is a welcome update.
The update also tweaks some of its puzzles and also makes it clearer where some of the game’s collectibles are in the second world.
You can read all of the bug and gameplay fixes below. Semblance is currently available for Switch and PC, and you can head over here to read my review of the game.
- Eliminated Infinite dashing, which could result in Squish getting stuck and player unable to access menu.
- Drastically reduced likelihood of getting stuck in walls
- Various hitboxes adjusted for clearer feedback
- Missing dressing in certain camera views
- Fixed Semblance title screen remaining after finishing game and letting credits roll fully
- Fixed certain shape changes not being recorded for “Polymorphic” Achievement
- Removed ability to open debug menu
- Feedback for platform not deforming (if deformation attempted with nearby platform) now pushes Squish away, stopping Squish getting stuck in walls.
- Squish now gets thrown out from underneath portals when loading into an area.
- Changed order of totems indicators on World 2 tree to be clearer on position of totems in world 2
- Rare corrupted save files occurrences now result in text indicator and not showing black screen
- Localisation for corrupted save file text indicator
- Intro scene reloads correctly if you enter intro scene tree and leave it without collecting essence.
- Reinstated small cooldown for dashing when thrown out of platform
- Fixed flying laser from clipping into wall in ending area.
- In World 2, made the vertical velocity of being thrown sideways out of platforms occur more reliably
- Puzzle tweaks/workarounds fixed (specific puzzles list below)
Format: (level – puzzle)